[SURBL-Discuss] To MUNGE to not to MUNGE

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Wed Sep 1 14:44:53 CEST 2004

on Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 12:04:41PM -0500, Rob wrote:
> Currently, I do whitelist this list, but...
>
> ...and maybe I'm getting paranold here...
>
> What happens if spammers start adding SURBL tolkins to their spam?
> (like "lists.surbl.org") Are there not situations here which could
> defeat our whitelisting and force us back to munging anyway?

Seems to me that all mail to this list goes through

mailbox.prolocation.net [81.23.230.7]

and contains

So, what's the concern, exactly? Just whitelist by originating host
and then filter based on the RFC 2919/2368 headers.

Buy "Cascading Style Sheets: Separating Content from Presentation, 2/e" today!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/159059231X/heskecominc-20/ref=nosim/