[SURBL-Discuss] Whitelist Please

Rob McEwen (PowerView Systems) rob at powerviewsystems.com
Wed Sep 1 16:10:37 CEST 2004

RE: funnygreetings.com

Forgive me for my ignorance, but would someone please explain the rational for whitelisting funnygreetings.com in the first place. Unlike most here, I use a different program and I don't understand those spamassassin reports... moreover, are there really significant reasons to whitelist funnygreetings.com? Did someone's client complain about missing a message?

I fear that this may be the quintessential situation that Jeff probably doesn't want to have to deal with... a hardcore spammer who does have a few legitimate services.

It won't hurt my feelings if that list of domains gets removed from SURBL or even gets whitelisted, but I will definitely blacklist them locally on my server. Also, it would be nice to get a little more justification for their remove from SURBL... unless, of course, this is just a case of me not understanding that SpamAssassin report :)

Rob McEwen