[SURBL-Discuss] Whitelist Please

Rob McEwen rob at powerviewsystems.com
Wed Sep 1 23:36:26 CEST 2004

Alright, alright... I see where Jeff is coming from...

I even later discovered that I had already whitelisted madblast.com locally
because I saw this in a forwarded mail that was blocked.

I hate to see such a slimy company whitelisted. In fact, when I went online
to check out infobeat.com, I saw a link that said "toolbar" ...when I
clicked on this link, it didn't ask me to install the toolbar, it announced
that it was, in fact, in the process of installing the toolbar (I got out of
there ASAP).... thus proving their sliminess!

Nevertheless, I see how/why the goal of getting the FPs to a point where
users can "set it and forget it" without having to audit SURBL-blocked mail
is more important than stopping a few more spams from EUniverse. Therefore,
I support Jeff's decision.

Not that Jeff "needs" my support... but I thought I should mention this
since I previously was very pessimistic about whitelisting these domains.

Rob McEwen