[SURBL-Discuss] Whitelist Please

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Sep 1 22:07:22 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, September 1, 2004, 7:36:26 PM, Rob McEwen wrote:
> Nevertheless, I see how/why the goal of getting the FPs to a point where
> users can "set it and forget it" without having to audit SURBL-blocked mail
> is more important than stopping a few more spams from EUniverse. Therefore,
> I support Jeff's decision.

> Rob McEwen

Steve Champeon's definition that: "SURBL is ... a list of domains
known never to appear in any legitimate mail" seems quite useful
to keep in mind.

I'd like to get SURBLs to a point where an ISP or telco could use
them to block at the MTA level, i.e. with a Postfix filter.  For
that to happen would require an extremely low false positive rate.
That may never be possible, but it should be a goal.

Also I don't like falsely accusing someone of being a spammer or
blocking someone's legitimate mail.  I hope others feel the same
way.