[SURBL-Discuss] Spammer or not: cyberpolice.ru

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Thu Sep 2 10:58:53 CEST 2004

Hi!

> > cyberpolice.ru just got added to sc.surbl.org.  Does anyone know
> > if they are spammers or not?

> Large spamrun has been sent out using this domain.  We have plenty of
> copies on file here.

Joe going on:

Dear visitor,

If you got here by following a link in unsolicited email, please note that
there's no point in asking us to take you off our mailing list since we
don't run any lists.
The email 'advertising' our website is being sent by spammers who are
obviously very upset with our (presumably successful) anti-spam efforts.
Such practice is commonly known as joe-job.
In addition we're being mailbombed with bounces, so if you attempt to
contact us, you'll probably find it impossible at the moment.
Anyways, we apologise for any inconvenience this might cause you.

Bye,
Raymond.