[SURBL-Discuss] Proposing a greylist

Chris Santerre csanterre at merchantsoverseas.com
Thu Sep 2 11:09:27 CEST 2004

I am officially proposing a greylist surbl.

We are going to see more and more of this stuff. We might as well deal with
it now. I'm suggesting a greylist for all spammers that ride that line. Like
the euniverse junk we have been talking about.

1)We DO NOT include it in multi.
2)We SCREAM to the world that it WILL hit some legit, and that only hard
liners should use.
3)We DON'T remove domains unless they go completely black, or have no NANAS
hits for 3-4 months.
4)See number 2 again.
5)We tell people it is completely optional and to see number 2.

I predict it would be used more for personal emails. IT also gives us an in
between mechanism. Rather then list or no list. We get a grey list we
desperately need.

THoughts?

Chris Santerre
System Admin and SARE Ninja
http://www.rulesemporium.com
http://www.surbl.org
'It is not the strongest of the species that survives,
not the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.'
Charles Darwin