[SURBL-Discuss] RE: Applying SURBL against blog comment spammers

Rob McEwen rob at powerviewsystems.com
Thu Sep 2 11:23:13 CEST 2004

Chris,

I think you have taken two points I made in an earlier post and mixed them
up together. They were meant to be completely independent of each other.

Allowing EUniverse stuff through has nothing to do with whether or not to
add MT-Blacklist domains to SURBL.

I'm (reluctantly) in favor of removing EUniverse domains from SURBL.

I'm also in favor of SURBL-listing MT-Blacklist domains... but, like Jeff, I
want to learn more about them. (But the list you gave looks like it SHOULD
be blocked)

Regarding greylisting, I'm in favor of this as well. At the least, it could
be a good flagging or auditing tool. I also gave some related suggestions in
a previous post... I'm going to post that again when I get some more time in
an hour or two.

Rob McEwen
PowerView Systems
rob at PowerViewSystems.com