[SURBL-Discuss] Proposing a greylist

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Thu Sep 2 13:10:28 CEST 2004

on Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 01:02:12PM -0300, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> > We can include in multi, why not...
> Nope... One of the ideas behind multi is that lazy sysadmins can put
> only one rule and if that hit, then 'subrl hit'.
>
> I think this MUST NOT be in multi.

[X] STRONGLY AGREE

> I concord with Steven's comment... this MUST NOT be called 'greylist'
> because that term is already beeing used for something completely
> different... I'd like a name that implies that it WILL have FPs... it
> can be the elegant 'unconfirmed.surbl.org' as Seteven suggested or
> something on the line of 'this-has-false-positives.surbl.org' or
> 'dont-use-this-if-you-re-stupid.surbl.org' :-)

Heh. That last is a certain guarantee that it will be used by the most
idiotic of mail admins, though ;) Maybe something like

only-a-complete-moron-would-use-this.surbl.org

would be safer, as morons don't tend to think of themselves that way :)

'unconfirmed' is simple, though, and has some precedents in DNSBL usage.
It's more a "quarantine on this if you like, but don't blame us as the
list hasn't even been looked at yet and is probably the result of an
automatic but error-prone process" kind of thing, like unconfirmed.dsbl.org.

 http://dsbl.org/faq#lists

Buy "Cascading Style Sheets: Separating Content from Presentation, 2/e" today!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/159059231X/heskecominc-20/ref=nosim/