[SURBL-Discuss] RE: uribl.cgi broken?

Dallas L. Engelken dallase at nmgi.com
Thu Sep 2 12:26:08 CEST 2004

> Hi Dallas,
>
> after more than a month I'm back on-line... so I returned to
> my usual SURBL reporting for Bill's list using
> http://www.rulesemporium.com/cgi-bin/uribl.cgi
>
> However, for some reason, I can't post any domain name ending in '.ar'
> (Argentina, my country) in the bl check form.

Looks like whois lookups to  AR.WHOIS-SERVERS.NET do not work... Anyone
know where I can do whois lookups for .AR domains at???

> I tried cursosuba-REMOVETHIS.com.ar and I get a '500 server
> error' page saying:
> Server error!

Ya, I just added an eval() to the whois() call to prevent failures to
connect to whois servers from killing the script.  You shouldn't have
any problems now.

> I also tried other valid and invalid domains in .ar and I
> allways go the same result.
>
> I don't know if you upgraded something or if something went
> foobar, but about a month ago, that was running just fine.

We just recently added the whois lookup info.. So we can see how old a
particular domain is quickly.

Thanks,
Dallas