[SURBL-Discuss] Proposing a greylist

Rob McEwen (PowerView Systems) rob at powerviewsystems.com
Thu Sep 2 12:34:01 CEST 2004

> > 1)We DO NOT include it in multi.
>
> Please reconsider this... Including it in multi means a lot less DNS
> traffic, and that's a serious plus when you're using a greylist that you
> probably won't use to increase the spam score by much.
>
> Bret

Bret,

You are reinforcing all of Jeff's arguments for NOT doing greylisting. If we create an unconfirmed.surbl.org list and then merge this into the multi list, then we might as well not worry about FPs anymore. Heck, we might was well throw every domain found in every spamtrap and be done with spam forever ;)

Also, the fact that you would even suggest this further proves Jeff's point.

I'm all in favor of creating an unconfirmed.surbl.org list. But it would HAVE to stay separate from the multi.surbl.org list or ALL the problems Jeff described will come true.

...not to mention, this would also result in even MORE DNS traffic because many of use would then start using EVERY list but the multi list.

Rob McEwen