[SURBL-Discuss] Proposing a greylist

Rob McEwen (PowerView Systems) rob at powerviewsystems.com
Thu Sep 2 13:12:42 CEST 2004

>It would reduce overall traffic and
>ease administration to include it in multi

One thing that I failed to explain is that the software I use DOES report the return code, but was constructed to work with SURBL without giving a lot of thought to the idea of doing different things based particular return codes. It reports the SURBL code for every "hit" in the log files, but within the programming logic, the variable that can be acted on is assigned more of a yes/no as to whether or not there was a single valid hit.

Therefore, not every SURBL has the option to do different things based on the return code. Also, it would be EASY... very easy... for an administrator who DOES have option to do different things based on return codes to not exercise these options and block ALL multi stuff, regardless of the return code. (All administrators are not going to be SURBL gurus)

Rob McEwen