[SURBL-Discuss] Proposing a greylist

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Thu Sep 2 12:41:10 CEST 2004

Rob McEwen wrote to SURBL Discussion list:

>> Good idea. Let's do it. I'll be able to submit more domains to *this*
>> list than I could to ws. It will finally give meaning to that pile of
>> domains I always end up with and get ulcers trying to classify as
>> black or white.
>
> For the record... and just to be sure... I vote that
> unconfirmed.surbl.org NOT contain those things that we tend to agree
> with as NOT being spam, but sometimes gets reported as spam by end
> users.

Yes, I really hope that's the general idea. I see uc.surbl.org as
a place for those domains that we're *almost* sure are spam, but we
can't (yet) take a strong enough stand to blacklist them outright.

Otherwise, the list won't have much value at all.

I say, let's set it up for development purposes as conservatively as we
can, submit to it for a week or two, and then run some mass-checks (or
equivalent) to see how it performs, and make policy adjustments
accordingly.

- Ryan

--
   Ryan Thompson <ryan at sasknow.com>

         Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon