[SURBL-Discuss] Proposing a greylist

Mariano Absatz el.baby at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 16:19:52 CEST 2004

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 12:55:08 -0500, Rob McEwen (PowerView Systems)
<rob at powerviewsystems.com> wrote:
> > OK, OK... How about an "evilmulti" that included "unconfirmed", which
> > would increase surbl's data size and processing-- having to build two
> > multi lists, but would significantly reduce DNS query traffic since
> > those using the "unconfirmed" list and the "multi" list could use a
> > single query per URI instead of 2 per URI.
> >
> > Bret
>
> Sounds like a good compromise to me.... maybe call it unconfirmed_and_multi.surbl.org ??

Sounds good to me...
FTR, I also think that the whitelist should only include TLDs and
http://spamcheck.freeapp.net/two-level-tlds but not the rest of the
domains in http://spamcheck.freeapp.net/whitelist-domains.sort, since
this last list includes all domains that hit a FP for one reason or
the other, and we want uc.surbl.org to DO HIT these.
--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby
el (dot) baby (AT) gmail (dot) com