[SURBL-Discuss] False Positives

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu Sep 2 16:42:17 CEST 2004

On Thursday, September 2, 2004, 8:49:28 AM, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> Hi,

> browsing my autodetected spam folder, I came across a couple of
> messages from Randy Cassingham's 'This is True' newsletter (see
> http://thisistrue.com) that hit on SURBL lists..

> Randy uses plain text advertising within is bulletin but he's not a
> spammer... in fact he wrote and maintains a 'spam primer' page at
> http://www.spamprimer.com/

> The domains that hit this where: REMOVETHIS-JumboJoke.com and
> REMOVETHIS-BonzerSites.com (in outblaze's list) and
> REMOVETHIS-HealthYouDeserve.com (in Bill's list).

Thanks for the whitelist report Mariano.  I've whitelisted:

thisistrue.com
spamprimer.com
jumbojoke.com
bonzersites.com

all of which belong to Randy.  However the last one does not
belong to Randy and is on WS:

healthyoudeserve.com (and .biz and .net)

Does anyone know anything about this one?  WS folks can you
check how it came onto WS?

I also whitelisted mailing list site:

lyris.net

Like most public list sites, they probably get abused, but are
more ham than spam.