[SURBL-Discuss] Proposing a greylist

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu Sep 2 18:51:48 CEST 2004

On Thursday, September 2, 2004, 10:41:53 AM, Rob McEwen wrote:
>> OK, here are a few thoughts, after reading this thread, and making a few
>> specific replies.

> I think that combining

> (1) Ryan's specific proposal in his previous message

> ...with...

> (2) the cautions in my  "just to be sure... so that...
> unconfirmed.surbl.org will get too convoluted and too bulky to
> be effective" previous message... (as well as keeping
> unconfirmed.surbl.org OUT
> of multi.surbl.org)

Perhaps a behind-the-scenes white and black report clearinghouse
would better solve this issue.

We have been working on that privately since nearly the beginning
of this project.  We have a system nearly in place for whitelist
handling that could be extended to blacklist handling.

We should not publish information we are uncertain about.
That's unfair to the accused, and less valuable to our
users.