[SURBL-Discuss] Proposing a greylist

David Hooton david.hooton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 14:37:09 CEST 2004

People,

After watching this thread, I am beginning to see that there are 2
different interpretations of what SURBL's are here for.

    1. Purist's view - SURBL's are here to block domains that only
appear in spam
    2. Spam Nazi - if it's spam block it at all costs

Neither is really right or wrong, but I am beginning to come around to
Jeff's view that a list which has no clear rules of engagement is
fraught with all kinds of difficulties and risks.

Getting back to the initial domains which sparked the controversy -
flowgo, I think that perhaps there is room for a "MainSleaze" list
which lists "Junk Mail" line flowgo etc, however one which is just for
domains which we're not sure about is definately running like a
lemming to a cliff.

Perhaps if we all slow down a bit and drew up some slightly stronger
and less "grey" rules of engagement we might get the list up, but for
now I agree with Jeff and being that he's our fearless leader we're
going to need to try and find a compromise which will be more workable
and structured than the currently possible domain dumping ground
concept.

--
Regards,

David Hooton