[SURBL-Discuss] "Unconfirmed" list proof-of-concept

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Fri Sep 3 19:33:50 CEST 2004

Hi!

> Here's how it works (and I'm putting this out as a starting point for
> discussion, not the gospel!)

Uhm, sorry?

> 1. When classifying domains for SURBL, continue to employ the same level
>     of effort you do to find all domains worthy of blacklisting, and
>     submit those to the usual sources.

This is in no way a SURBL project. SURBL staff listens to the discussion
here, and we are talking behind the scenes to get things more streamlined.
Feel free to start own projects, in fact, we would be happy to see more
projects taking off.

Ryan, i am not trying to be an ass, but somehow with this proposal you
seem to feel things are not going fast enough, or not exactly the way you
want to see it. So you basicly move on, and dont care what SURBL staff
thinks of the project. You could have asked for a @surbl mailbox to set
things up, or at least something like 'is it ok if i announce this?'

If Ryan (or someone else) wants to take submissions directly, for
different lists, fine, but do not use the mailinglist for this purpose,
the volume is high enough as it is now.

Again, this mail is not trying to upset anyone, i think most of you will
understand our point of view, if not we would be willing to point that out
offlist.

Thanks for your time,
Raymond.