[SURBL-Discuss] Spammer or not: cyberpolice.ru

Mariano Absatz el.baby at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 17:19:48 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 02:37:09 -0700, Jeff Chan <jeffc at surbl.org> wrote:
> Thanks all,
> I'm whitelisting cyberpolice.ru . If anyone has evidence it's not
> a joe job and they're really spammers, please let me know.
>
> Got a vacation message from Michael Tokarev so he presumably
> won't be able to reply for several days.

OK... I asked my russian speaking friend about it and he says it's
definitively an antispammer site, so the whitelisting is OK.

FWIW, he translated the home page (with some tool he has) and it says:

So, if you have come on this page, it is possible to assume, that the
problem of a spam already has mentioned you to some extent. To you has
bothered to spend online-time (whether it be working which could be used
more productively, or house, paid of own pocket) on razgrebanie dust in the
mail box? Has bothered to delete the necessary letters only because you (or
the program which you use for this purpose) have not noticed them in a heap
of this dust? Your child receives references on pornosajty in mail? You on a
regular basis receive letters with viruses? I can assure you, you are not
lonely. And the listed misfortunes - only a little bit of that evil which
bears this vile phenomenon to the ordinary Internet user as, however, and to
system administrators.
- Well also what? - the some people will tell - I simply remove these
unnecessary letters, and all. No, not everything, my dear. It is quite
possible, that while you really "simply" delete them. But keep in mind, if
in your box one "uninvited" letter in their month there will be any more
less than ten, and further in a geometrical progression has got. In fact
spamery are in the habit to sell the bases of addresses, and in due course
any more so "it will be simple" to you it to do. On the statistics daily
published on a Yandex - one of servers most actively struggling with a spam
- every day approximately 37 percent of the correspondence are filtered by a
server as a spam. And it not including that spam which nevertheless has got
in boxes of addressees! You if 22 minutes from each hour showed you
advertising would began to watch TV? And if you had also to pay for each of
these minutes from the pocket? A question rhetorical. As you include the TV,
when it is necessary for you, and the spam comes " without knock " at any
time.

To familiarize with last statistical data of post service of a Yandex it is
possible to the address http: // mail.yandex.ru/monitoring/.
- Yes, but in the letter which I have received, it is told, that the letter
it as legally, as well as free-of-charge advertising newspapers which put in
a mail box at my entrance.
This error. These newspapers as it is correctly noticed, free-of-charge for
you. However advertizers pay their manufacture and delivery. In a case with
a spam all just what isn't needed. You and your provider pay delivery to you
absolutely unnecessary information. Spamer does not spend almost any
resources. One letter sent by him, gets at least to 50-100 addressees!
Among other reasons resulted spamerami in the justification of the actions,
very much frequently there is also a reference on ÷.4 an item 29 of the
Constitution of the Russian Federation so there can be an impression, that
the Constitution obliges you as citizen to give the box for a different sort
of stuff. And recently past wave of anonymous letters with a theme "Taxes",
obviously, having the purpose gathering of addresses of naive users for a
new database, came to an end a touching phrase " ATTENTION: If you did not
direct us the information on interest in documents, we bring the apologies
for the admitted mistake ". To tell the truth, having read this phrase
three-four times for a day, even the full burdock would suspect, in my
opinion, wrong.
" Your electronic address has been taken from open sources. " Well also
what? Clear business, from the closed source you have not taken it. " But
nevertheless (!) we apologize, if our message has caused you any anxiety!
Yours faithfully Open Company " DIALJUKS. " Please, be not mistaken. They to
you have more respect, than at the pickpocket cutting pockets of your
expensive coat to steal 100 roubles. And if they really had to apologize
before everyone to whom their message has troubled, even on one minute they
would stop it to do by very old men. And here that is strange - advertising
on TV or on street boards never comes to an end apologies or justifications.
Why it?

More in detail about legislative aspects of the given problem you can learn
from the following document: http: // www.russianlaw.net/law/doc/a25.htm.
If you have suddenly decided to take advantage of services of the polite
person who has sent to you the letter with counterfeit heading and with the
invented return address, assuring you in its deep respect for you, and
begging you to buy official connection to the operator of cellular
communication (let not in your city or even the country are particulars),
the device for welding / are sharp metal or tourist trip to Moscow suburbs,
reflect for a minute - and what if it and in a real life will lead
itself(himself) as? By the way, examples of such succession of events are -
to recollect even the same notorious Center of the American English enough.
In fact deeply ignorant and illiterate people which are not having the
slightest representation about advertising and marketing can resort to a
spam as to means of advertising, at the best "bought" on promises of the
doubtful firms promising " an effective advertising campaign on the Internet
", and in the worse - simply deprived any moral principles only. Whether so
it is necessary to expect from them worthy behaviour in a reality? The best,
that you can make after reception of such letter is to remember the name of
firm never there to address, and to advise the same to all familiar.

Partly in violent blossoming the Russian spam imperfection of our
legislation, partly - primordial Russian laziness, and also lack of
information of the ordinary users seeing in a window of program Outlook
Express only the colourful document with phones and with assurances of the
deepest respect, and in a field "Sender" - "Natasha" or "GSM" and not having
the slightest concept that it is possible to make is guilty that never
henceforth such to see or even to see as it is possible less often. And in
fact if even one percent sent spamerom letters would come back as complaints
to its provider probability of that the provider would not sit slozha hands,
to a question on a spam ovechaja: " the Spam? What spam? ", would be very
high - much above, than now. However, some providers send all complaints
straight in/dev/null and meaningly support spamerov, but such providers
nevertheless, fortunately, minority.

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby
el (dot) baby (AT) gmail (dot) com