[SURBL-Discuss] whitelist: cooleremail.com and icebase.net?

David Hooton david.hooton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 12:29:52 CEST 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:19:26 -0700, Jeff Chan <jeffc at surbl.org> wrote:
> We need more than trap hits before adding someone.  There are a
> lot of FPs that appear on traps due to forwards, abusers, etc.
>
> I sincerely hope you guys are hand reviewing your trap data.

Indeed, no domain gets onto our lists without being hand reviewed,
we've deliberately not automated these processes for the reasons you
outline.

It's generally quite rare that something hits our traps which is not
followed by at least one or two customer complaints which for us will
generally result in a listing.

> I'd argue strongly that human checking of the domains and
> circumstances of sending is required to prevent FPs.

I would also agree.

> Also if you forward your trap message it's quite possible
> the abuser will be punished:
>
>  http://www.cooleremail.com/aboutus_spam.shtml

I have read this, and understand that they know they have to publish
this information as a matter of PR
--
Regards,

David Hooton