[SURBL-Discuss] Re: [SURBL-Zones] Lowering TTLs

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sat Sep 4 05:14:29 CEST 2004

OK We tried TTLs at 20 minutes for one week. Now for
completeness let's try them at 15 minutes.

We already know from SC that at 10 minutes the queries
are up very significantly (about 20% compared to 20 or
25 minutes).

At 20 minutes the traffic doesn't seem much different
from 25 minutes or only slightly higher, so let's see
if traffic goes up much at 15 minute TTLs.  If so then
20 minutes is probably optimal.  If not, then 15 minutes
is probably optimal.

  http://nmrl.kconline.com/rbldnsd/

Either way TTL tuning will be done after next week.

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org
http://www.surbl.org/