[SURBL-Discuss] "safelists"

Joe Wein joewein at pobox.com
Sun Sep 5 01:34:31 CEST 2004

Today I processed a pile of 11,000 spams donated by Raymond, as I'm
gradually gearing up for large-scale spamtrap processing.

I ended up with many most obvious spam domains, but an even bigger pile of
domains that aren't quite as suspicious. Many are from last year and the
name server is not listed by SBL. I don't want to add any grey domains to a
black pile.

While investigating many of them to determine if they deserved listing, I
repeatedly came across the term "safelist". They seem to be some kind of
opt-in lists. What is the term supposed to mean exactly?

Joe
--
http://www.joewein.de/sw/jwSpamSpy/