[SURBL-Discuss] checking plain domains in message bodies against SURBLs reportedly effective

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Sat Sep 4 21:46:45 CEST 2004

Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote to SURBL Discussion list:

> Hi!

>>> It was clickable in pine, at least...
>>
>> Really? How? Do you mean double-click to highlight? :-)
>
> Just clickable, like any other URL inside pine...
>
> View selected URL "http://www'" ?

ROFLMAO. OK, I was able to reproduce this behaviour.

wwwhat?!

View selected URL "http://wwwhat?!" ?

Heh.

*That* one. You have enable-msg-view-web-hostnames enabled, and that
highlights anything starting with 'www'. <-- including just "www'". :-)
And, note the trailing single quote that PINE's viewer snags. www' isn't
too exciting. Neither is wwwhat?!

So, www.domain.com, or wwwabbits.com would be considered URLs, but plain
domain.com is still not considered a URL by my PINE, no matter what
viewer preferences I set. Does that confirm what you see, too?

We probably don't need to take PINE's viewer too seriously in this
context. :-)

> Mouse input isnt really needed, you can use tab ;)

Sure. In this day and age, it's probably best to talk in
non-input-specific terms, eh? :-)

- Ryan

--
   Ryan Thompson <ryan at sasknow.com>

         Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon