[SURBL-Discuss] Setting SpamAssassin scores for SURBL lists

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Sun Sep 5 12:30:49 CEST 2004

Hi!

>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/spamcopuri/
>  http://search.cpan.org/dist/Mail-SpamAssassin-SpamCopURI/
>

> One thing stood out for me is that the FP rate (ham%) for
> ws.surbl.org is way too high at about 0.45 to 0.5% across
> multiple corpora.  That FP rate needs to be reduced for WS
> to be more fully useful.
>
> I think Chris or maybe Raymond suggested that they had a way to
> reduce FPs in WS further.  If so, ***please*** try to apply it.
> We need to get the FPs to be much less than 0.5%.  The other
> lists have FP rates 5 to 50 times lower.
>
> Basically the higher the FP rate, the less useful a list is.

Seeing those data it would be very interesting if we could test a seperate
list. Is that possible? I would like to test the Prolo and Joe's list
combined, without the rest of the WS list. I can generate the data for a
test like that. I have seen allmost zero FP's in the data i compose, so
perhaps its better to seperate the lists. I think people would benefit
from a less FP stuffed list. The current WS list is just compiled out of
too many datasources i think.

Suggestions ?

Shall i send you a list for testing so we can see if this would bump down
the FP rates ?

Bye,
Raymond.