[SURBL-Discuss] Numerous FPs

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Sun Sep 5 19:34:55 CEST 2004

Reposting, for those not following the original thread.

I found the following FPs in WS in a large recent ham corpus. I suggest
whitelisting all of these.

buckeye-express.com   -- Used in a personal email address, looks legit;
                          7 examples
nm.ru                 -- Used in a personal email address, looks legit
advanstar.com         -- Legit uses; found in a well-known dental
                          newsletter; also personal email address of
                          one of the editors; 3 messages
00fun.com             -- Confirmed, more than one user on our system
                          sent or received eCards from them
northstarconferences.com  -- Legit conference host site subscribed to
                              by two users; 9 messages in this corpus
mardox.com            -- Search engine; registered 1875 days ago, and
                          *looks* like the user did actually submit
                          their site to them.
postsnet.com          -- Registered exactly one year ago, 51 NANAS,
                          blank home page, ehh... but I have 4
                          different legit newsletters with links to
                          them.
webspawner.com        -- Created in 1996; free host/email
npdor.com             -- Surveys; been around since 1999. 103 NANAS,
                          but they've been advertised by some reputable
                          "word of the day" mailers (dictionary.com)
                          Maybe a good candidate for UC. :-) 2
                          examples
imninc.com            -- Domain is 507 days old; they do newsletters.
                          At least one of them is legit. :-)
worldhealth.net       -- It's 3468 days old today (1995). One of our
                          users attended a conference of theirs, and
                          signed up for a newsletter.
hoteldiscounts.com    -- 2459 days old (1997), found in actual room
                          booking confirmations for Comfort Inn.

- Ryan

--
   Ryan Thompson <ryan at sasknow.com>

         Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon