[SURBL-Discuss] fp hsc news dot com

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr
Mon Sep 6 16:49:40 CEST 2004

John Wilcock wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 16:07:43 +0200, Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz wrote:
>
>>This a very serious french security consulting group. Surely
>>a false positive.
>>
>>Can you remove it ?
>>
>>They run a list but only subscription is **only** done when
>>**explicitely** asked by recipients - I know as I'm one of
>>their subscribers.
>

> I reported this via the web form at the end of last week after receiving
> two totally unsolicited invitations to join one of their mailing lists
> (and having received other similar spam from them in the past).

OK ! But their invitations were sent only to people who, by some means,
were in the address book of their sales people. You should note that :

- for some reason you probably had some professional contact with them
in the past.

- you weren't added to any mailing list. That was only an invitation to
be inserted into. To be inserted, you should *explicitely* reply to
confirm your inscription.

- you should also note that they use some authentication method, in a
way to prevent someone other than you to subscribe to their lists.

> Still, if there are genuine subscribers to their lists then I guess this
> should be whitelisted, regardless of how dubious their methods for
> attracting subscribers may be. I'll add a local spamassassin rule
> instead if they persist...
>
> John.

I don't think you should consider they use a "dubious method". This is a
very serious company. But as long as M. Schauer receives copy of this
message, he will do the necessary to remove you from their records.

  Jose Marcio MARTINS DA CRUZ           Tel. :(33) 01.40.51.93.41
  Ecole des Mines de Paris              http://j-chkmail.ensmp.fr
  60, bd Saint Michel                http://www.ensmp.fr/~martins
  75272 - PARIS CEDEX 06      mailto:Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr