[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: For everyone hand-checking domains

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Tue Sep 7 05:29:14 CEST 2004

Hi All,

For those of you hand-checking lists of domains (i.e., from submissions
to SURBL lists, either for blocking or whitelisting): would a few of you
mind running the new version (1.5) of GetURI (http://ry.ca/geturi/) on
one or two of your domain lists?

Just export your list of domains to a text file (one domain per line),
and run geturi something like so:

   $ geturi --spamdomains=spamdomains.txt --age > domains.html

If you also have lists of domains that appear in ham, even better! Send
those to --hamdomains=hamdomains.txt, and you can guard against FPs.

Alternatively, if you don't have the time to fiddle with GetURI
yourself, then, for a limited time only, you can submit domain lists
directly to my email address with "DOMAINS FOR GETURI" in the subject,
and I'll run the report for you and post or email the output at your
request.

I'm curious to know if this is the kind of output you're looking for,
and if there'd be anything else that would be a big help to your
efforts, without decreasing accuracy. What are you currently doing to
hand-check?

My main goal is to reduce the effort required to *accurately* hand-check
domains so we can focus on the quality of our submissions.

Thanks,
- Ryan

--
   Ryan Thompson <ryan at sasknow.com>

         Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon