[SURBL-Discuss] Need help checking FP list from Theo

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Sep 7 06:31:31 CEST 2004

On Monday, September 6, 2004, 9:20:23 PM, Ryan Thompson wrote:
> Ryan Thompson wrote to SURBL Discussion list:

>> Jeff Chan wrote to SURBL Discuss:
>> Maybe this will help:
>>
>> http://ry.ca/geturi/20040906-fp.html
>>
>> Also, I'll check a few and post my suggestions.

> First-pass no-brainers:

> m-w.com
> bbspot.com
> userfriendly.org
> seti.org
> 8k.com
> 4d.com
> wpi.edu
> yale.edu
> uoregon.edu
> uophx.edu

> (is there any reason why .edu domains should *ever* be listed in SURBL?
> Should we whitelist the whole of .edu?)

> - Ryan

Thanks.

Regarding .edu I don't think we can give any TLD a free
pass, except maybe things like .gov, .mil, or other similarly
strictly-controlled domains.

Some folks felt that kaplan.edu spammed them, but given the
potential for legitmate use and therefore collateral damage
from false positives, we really can't list it.