[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: For everyone hand-checking domains

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Tue Sep 7 10:21:39 CEST 2004

Joseph Burford wrote to SURBL Discussion list:

> Ryan,
>
>>          1. mbox support? For now, use any mbox-to-maildir converter.
>>            Google knows about several.
>
> Support in the next versio sounds great. Anyway in the meantime I've
> converted a mbox to maildir, running geturi now gives me:
>
> Can't locate object method "parse" via package "Mail::SpamAssassin" at
> ./geturi line 552.
>
> Am running Spamassassin 2.63 installed via CPAN.

GetURI uses the new SA 3.0 architecture. From "System Requirements" in
the README:

System Requirements:
- SpamAssassin 3.0 or later
   geturi takes advantage of the new API in SpamAssassin 3.0. The original
   version was written for 2.63, but I opted to replace the code in favour of
   SA3.0. If sufficient interest still exists, I may consider re-adding SA2.6x
   support.

I *think* I can back-port to support 2.6x without too much grief. At the
very least, I could be writing a more descriptive error in that spot.
I'll get back to you on that.

Would you be willing to help test?

This is now probably beyond the scope of surbl discuss, so please reply
off-list.

- Ryan

--
   Ryan Thompson <ryan at sasknow.com>

         Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon