[SURBL-Discuss] Whitelist all Bonded Senders?

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Tue Sep 7 16:46:03 CEST 2004

Jeff Chan wrote:

> Are there any other nominally whitehatting organizations
> we could check into?  Are there any real whitehat
> certification groups?

SpamCop checks two lists: query.bondedsender.org and
iadb.isipp.com  (and it has or had some special processing
for HABEAS)

> What is senderbase?

Like SpamCop and BondedSender another branch of Ironport.
SenderBase somehow watches mail traffic, trying to catch
"unusual" jumps (zombies starting to fire), but I'm not
sure what they do.

If you check e.g. 68.34.85.3 with the SCBL web interface...

<http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml>
<http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=68.34.85.3>

...then there's always a link to the Senderbase lookup:

<http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddress&sb=1&searchString=68.34.85.3>

Senderbase shows the traffic jump, some BLs where this IP is
listed, links to OpenRBL / Google Groups / SC / BondedSeder,
related IPs, etc.

For a better explanation see <http://www.senderbase.org/>

                         Bye, Frank