[SURBL-Discuss] Whitelist Please

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Sep 8 08:04:51 CEST 2004

On Tuesday, September 7, 2004, 10:16:06 PM, David Funk wrote:
> So each forwarding of a spam message is that much more exposure and
> value-add for the actual slime-merchant.

> If we can make that reference anathema, then we take away its value
> and reduce the effectiveness of that advertising medium, thus reducing
> the profit motive. Which ultimately will be the only real way to
> stop spam. As long as there's good money to be made in a particular
> activity (spam, drugs, smuggling, etc) people will do it, regardless
> of how hard it is to do.

But who forwards their (non-anti-spam) friends pill or morgtage
spams?  No one I know...

The real question is about the quality of our data, and we're
not going to improve that by including a bunch of questionable
domains.  People who use our lists need to be sure they're
catching real spam with them and not ham.