[SURBL-Discuss] Whitelist Please

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Wed Sep 8 14:46:05 CEST 2004

Jeff Chan wrote:

> On the other hand, people forward grey/hammy joke of the day,
> image of the week, newsletter articles, etc. to friends all
> the time.  Therefore we probably don't want to list those.

In the case of SC it would be against SC's rules if I report a
mail from a friend only because I don't like it.  Or in other
words, if I report a "joke of the day" it wasn't sent by a
"friend" (= somebody I know), and if I reported it ten times
then I really got it ten times (catch-all vanity host, spam
sent to Message-Ids or completely forged @xyzzy addresses)...

...unfortunately invisible for SURBL, because I generally use
the "quick reporting" system for spam sent to bogus addresses.

But from time to time when I'm really pissed I use the "normal"
reporting (= visible for SURBL), and of course then I'd be very
unhappy if my "votes" are discarded for non-technical reasons.

                          Bye, Frank