[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Need help checking FP list from Theo

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu Sep 9 03:16:05 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, September 8, 2004, 8:09:04 AM, Chris Santerre wrote:
> NO it doesn't! The point was..... its interesting!! :)  123inkjets has been
> linked to a ton of other spam domains.

But you're apparently asking the wrong question.  The question is
does 123inkjets have many legitimate uses or mentions?  Given
that they're in some legitimate newsletters, the answer is yes.
We can't allow the legitimate newsletters to be blocked.

It would perhaps be better to present your evidence to the
newsletter sender that they may be advertising a spammer
and see if they will not let them advertise.

We can still list the "ton of other spam domains" if they are
(more) spammy.

That's the nice thing about listing or not listing domains.  We
can list the ones that are mostly spammy while not listing the
ones that get mentions in hams.