[SURBL-Discuss] RE: Start an IP list to block?

Matthew Wilson matthew at boomer.com
Thu Sep 9 23:41:22 CEST 2004

If it helps, I agree with Chris.  One point to note: Virtual hosters
can't use IP addresses in their URLs, because the web server needs a
http host header to differentiate between all the possible virtual
hosted sites.  However, it really wouldn't be difficult to have the
SURBL URI detection algorithm find dotted quad URLs, and store these in
the SURBL database just like any other domain name...

-Matthew