[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Start an IP list to block?

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Fri Sep 10 00:14:23 CEST 2004

Hi!

>> Did you actually have a look on the sata provided at the start of this
>> thread ? Sure, it COULD be different, but somehow, it isnt.

> Yes, I did.  But I'm trying to think ahead of current practice, by what's
> considered a GOOD practice to keep a site up, and what's bad.  I'm not saying
> they're all doing it now, but I've *seen* them have another server ready to
> go when I yank ether (invariably, they migrate the ip by hand, to prevent
> everything being yanked at onces).

But are you surprised if i tell you that the 4 or 5 sites (IPs) i listed
are responsible for 28% of our incomming spam volume, on a pretty large
site. Thats around 400.000 spams of those guys alone. If we can get them
out, anyhow, thats a big win. Those crap domains are really everywhere, so
i cant imagine anyone is not seeing those on spamchecks... :)

Bye,
Raymond.