[SURBL-Discuss] Whitelist all Bonded Senders?

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. amitchell at isipp.com
Fri Sep 10 03:07:36 CEST 2004

> In theory you could use this method to catch some dubious
> submissions.  It's not exactly a whitelist, a spammer is
> free to buy an IADB entry ($ 500 + a monthly fee) as long
> as he follows the IADB definition of "legit".  I'm certain
> that it's neither your nor my definition... <gd&r>

Heh...the thing is, it's not a whitelist at all, and *you* (the
receiver querying) gets to define what "legit" means.  That's the
beauty of the system.

Note that we even offer codes for "scrapes addressess".  Oddly, no
sender has signed up to be listed in that category. <grin>

Anne

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.
President/CEO
Institute for Spam and Internet Public Policy
Professor of Law, Lincoln Law School of SJ
Committee Member, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop