[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Start an IP list to block?

Bill Landry billl at pointshare.com
Fri Sep 10 03:11:45 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Chan" <jeffc at surbl.org>

> Would you care to share some of your strategies, perhaps off
> list?

Share his strategies, yes, but also check out his product.  MessageSniffer,
it's a truly awesome spam-filtering product and runs very efficiently on
Linux/BSD platforms and plugs in nicely to SA (not as a standard 3.0
plug-in, but SA can track the Sniffer response codes and apply weights
accordingly).

They offer a "free" version of their basic pattern matching database (which
itself is quite effective), but even the subscription version (which I use)
is fairly inexpensive.  I highly recommend it as a very good addition to
anyone's spam-fighting arsenal.  See
(http://www.sortmonster.com/MessageSniffer/) for more info.

Bill