[SURBL-Discuss] whitelist senderbase top domains?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri Sep 10 11:18:00 CEST 2004

On Thursday, September 9, 2004, 4:27:49 AM, Alex Broens wrote:
> I'd exclude:
> -----------------
> dartmail.net
> bezeqint.net
> havagreatday.com
> ohthatsfunny.com
> prod-infinitum.com.mx
> imgmailer.com
> blueyonder.co.uk
> webhostplus.com
> hinet.net
> -------------------

> Pls don't ask me to justify. To me they're either black, dark grey or
> abused or don't care if.....

> Alex

I guess you took a different snapshot of those domains than I
did.  Of the ones you mention, only:

> bezeqint.net
> blueyonder.co.uk
> hinet.net
> prod-infinitum.com.mx

Are on my copy of the list and not already excluded as spammers.

  http://spamcheck.freeapp.net/whitelists/senderbase-isps

These remaining ones are all large ISPs.  They almost certainly
have been abused briefly to send spams.  But that's not
the question.  The question is should we allow their own
domain names to be blocked when mentioned in messages?

How many spammers include the URI of their ISP in
their spams?  Is that a useful thing for them to do?
Probably not, but even if they did, would we want to block on
those ISP domain names?