[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Placeholder domains to whitelist?

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Mon Sep 13 15:29:30 CEST 2004

Jeff Chan wrote:

>>> we should also include common examples from everyday use,

Okay, so now you have example.cno, what else ?  IMHO the three
example.cno form a complete list.  There are no other common
examples, and as you say local.* / test.* / example.* don't
qualify as placeholders:

> We probably would not be whitelisting geographic names like
> these.

local.museum, test.aero, or example.coop are not better than
similar SLDs in any ccTLD.  AFAIK some TLDs had a policy to
reserve "all" TLDs as SLDs, but that was before the creation
of new TLDs (aero / biz / coop / info / museum / name / pro).

                          Bye, Frank