[SURBL-Discuss] Re: whitelist senderbase top domains?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Sep 15 23:38:46 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, September 15, 2004, 2:17:13 PM, Frank Ellermann wrote:
> One unnecessary WL entry is no problem.

It really doesn't hurt to whitelist the "good guys".  Yes,
it's probably unnecessary, but the cost is only a few bytes of
storage on the whitelist and a couple milliseconds of part of a
join -v against the whitelist.  Plus we then know they can't
turn into FPs later.

> On a similar
> issue:  From time to time I spot an "IB" identified by SC as
> spamvertized (the last case was eco.de / msn.de / antispam.de).

> Then I cancel the corresponding SC reports, and submit the IB
> to deputies at sc.  Do you want a copy in these cases ?  Or maybe
> only if the IBs somehow already made it on sc.surbl.org  ?

Yes, please send those to me off list, and I'll add them to the
whitelist.  I just whitelisted:

eco.de
msn.de
antispam.de