[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: pj.surbl.org - list from Joe Wein and Pr olocation data

Patrik Nilsson patrik at patrik.com
Fri Sep 17 20:53:07 CEST 2004

Chris Santerre wrote:
> AS usual, I'm thinking different from everyone else :)
> I do NOT like the idea of more lists.

Neither do I. At least not more surbl-type lists that are served by
surbl.org.

I'd prefer just one surbl.org-list, serving entries from a few sources
all confirming to the strict "we do not want any FPs" philosophy of
surbl. One manually checked list that can relatively safely be used to
block/drop email, rather than just score email.

Then I'd like to see a lot of surbl-type lists *not* served by
surbl.org, that are provided based on different philosophies - more
aggressive, accepting a higher degree of collateral damage, etc.

Just like we have with RBLs.

I want an SBL type surlb list, and I think surbl.org is the prime
candidate for that.

But I also want a SPEWS type surbl list, and I don't think that it
should or could be done/served by surbl.org.

Etc.

Having more and more different surbl.org lists that we try to fit into
the same basic philosophy of "no FPs" is just complicating things and
confusing existing and potential users.

Patrik