[SURBL-Discuss] Additional phish/fraud list

Jay Swackhamer jswack-lists at nebularis.com
Sat Sep 18 02:06:20 CEST 2004

On Friday, September 17, 2004 7:20 PM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> Can you clarify, are your lists intended to be sender domain
> lists or message body URI lists:
>   http://rhs.mailpolice.com/
> It sounds from the description that your RHS lists are sender
> domains as opposed to message body URI domains as we use
> with SURBLs.

For all the lists, it's both sender domain and URI's in the mail.  Any
domain found in the mail source that can be easily [as in automatically]
linked to a spammer is listed. I wrote my own URI parser for email more
than a year ago, and that's where all the data has come from.

I think I've tuned it enough so that false positives are basically
eliminated, possibly at the expense of missing a few URIs.  But that's
why people should be using multple RHSBL's. :)

--
Jay Swackhamer <jswack at nebularis.com>
MailPolice Spam&Virus Elimination <http://www.mailpolice.com>