[SURBL-Discuss] Re: WS FPs: e-gold.com, home.ro

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sun Sep 19 01:56:20 CEST 2004

On Saturday, September 18, 2004, 11:17:48 AM, Frank Ellermann wrote:
> Jeff Chan wrote:

>> I'd still like to hear why these were added to WS.

> <crystal ball="ball"> Maybe for the same reasons why you
> found these domains on the list of PH candidates </crystal>

Not sure I understand; can you explain further?

> On an almost completely different issue, I stumbled over
> a list of TLDs "known to have no SLDs", the source URL is
> <http://www.westpoint.ltd.uk/advisories/wp-04-0001.txt> :

> | 23 July 2004      Konqueror respond
> | Explain that they intend to fix the cross domain problem by
> | including a list of ccTLDs that, like .uk, require 3 dots.
> | The domain are:
> |    name,ai,au,bd,bh,ck,eg,et,fk,il,in,kh,kr,mk,mt,na,
> |    np,nz,pg,pk,qa,sa,sb,sg,sv,ua,ug,uk,uy,vn,za,zw

> I was aware of au, nz, uk, and za using "commonwealth style",
> but the Konqueror list is much longer.  Do you already have
> SLDs for all mentioned TLDs ?
>                                Bye, Frank

What we have are a list of ccTLDs that should start at the
third level:

  http://spamcheck.freeapp.net/two-level-tlds

If we could get some help with the ones we don't have
enumerated into the SLDs, that would be great.

For example, we have com.au, org.au, etc. for .au
but no second level domains in the list for for .ai,
.bd, etc.  Research help to find those could help.

OTOH, most of these ccTLDs are not used in spam.
By far the biggest ccTLD spam domain is .us .