[SURBL-Discuss] Additional phish/fraud list

Jay Swackhamer jswack-lists at nebularis.com
Sun Sep 19 07:35:35 CEST 2004

On Saturday, September 18, 2004 9:06 PM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> The two strategies can be compatible in a somewhat kludgey way if
> we chose to not reduce the whole URI data, causing them to not
> match the domains extracted by SURBL code from messages found in
> the wild.

Yeah, that could possibly be an argument in the eval function...
something like "check_uridnsbl('URIBL',1)" where the 1 does a match
against the whole URI, but otherwise defaults to the URI reduction.

> I'd still be interested to hear if you may be able to provide
> a version of the fraud data without sender domains or sender IPs.

In the case of the fraud list, I recall that all the data is from URIs,
and doesn't contain any sender IP or reverse DNS info.

--
Jay Swackhamer <jswack at nebularis.com>
Nebularis Inc <http://www.nebularis.com>