[SURBL-Discuss] Additional phish/fraud list

Bill Landry billl at pointshare.com
Sun Sep 19 07:47:48 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Chan" <jeffc at surbl.org>

> Let's ask more people to test the mailpolice fraud list in their
> SURBL installations as Bill, David and others are doing.
>
> If the results of additional testing are good we may merge this
> data into our phishing list, PH in multi.
>
> In particular we'd like to know if anyone gets any false
> positives.   We're not expecting any FPs, but it's good to
> do some testing before we include this data officially.
>
> As noted earlier, unlike SURBLs the mailpolice lists take
> the entire URI including subdomains, host names, etc.,
> but since the SURBL client code tries to reduce URIs to
> base domains before checking them against the list, these
> should not causes matches resulting in FPs.
>
> So please give it a try, and share what you find.

I've switched from the single MP "fraud" list to combined "block" list,
which includes bulk, porn, and fraud.  So far I am very please with the
results.  However, it is the weekend when spam to ham ratios are much
greater than during the week.  So, the true test will come next week.  After
I get back into town on Wednesday, I will post some result stats.

Bill

Bill