[SURBL-Discuss] Proposal for moving forward with JP list

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Sep 21 12:18:43 CEST 2004

OK we heard back from Theo that we probably won't be able to get
JP into SpamAssassin 3.0, but we should be able to get it into
3.1.  I believe the JP data and policies are different enough
that it should be a separate list within multi.surbl.org, so I
propose that we:

1.  Add JP to multi.surbl.org now.

2.  Keep the JP data in WS for now, so that regular 3.0 users
get the advantages of JP also (as part of WS).

3.  Ask SA to put JP into 3.1 for future use, and most
significantly, separate scoring.

4.  Remove JP from WS before the final 3.1 mass check and
re-scoring is done, to make the two lists more separate
for 3.1 .  (Note that the separation is removal of the
specific subset arrangement suggested in #2.  If that is
done, there will still be some overlap of the records in
WS and JP.)

5.  Inform people about removing JP from WS before we do it,
so existing WS users can add JP, etc.

How does this sound?

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org