[SURBL-Discuss] Proposal for moving forward with JP list

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Sep 22 07:32:16 CEST 2004

On Tuesday, September 21, 2004, 3:18:43 AM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> OK we heard back from Theo that we probably won't be able to get
> JP into SpamAssassin 3.0, but we should be able to get it into
> 3.1.  I believe the JP data and policies are different enough
> that it should be a separate list within multi.surbl.org, so I
> propose that we:

> 1.  Add JP to multi.surbl.org now.

> 2.  Keep the JP data in WS for now, so that regular 3.0 users
> get the advantages of JP also (as part of WS).

> 3.  Ask SA to put JP into 3.1 for future use, and most
> significantly, separate scoring.

OK We would like to proceed with the first part of this.
We propose adding JP to multi on Monday September 27,
but keeping the JP data in WS for now, and asking SA to
add JP to SA 3.1 after that change next Monday.  We
would want to announce the new list so that other
programs using multi.surbl.org would know that the
return values had changed.  That would give them some
time if they need to make adjustments to their code.
JP would get the 64 bitmask, as in:

 2 = comes from sc.surbl.org
 4 = comes from ws.surbl.org
 8 = comes from phishing list (labelled as [ph] in multi)
16 = comes from ob.surbl.org
32 = comes from ab.surbl.org
64 = comes from jp list

Does anyone have comments?