[SURBL-Discuss] SURBL classification control panel

Yves Junqueira yves.junqueira at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 20:29:02 CEST 2004

How exactly do you guys add your domains?

I've made another SURBL tool.

It's a "spam-operator" interface with efficiency in mind, using Perl.
It requires a database (MySQL, SQLite or any DBI-aware). This tool
constantly reads a given directory (/var/vmails/spambox at domain.tld/)
recursively, checking mail contents. At the momment, it's only
supposed to gather SURBL in spamboxes, or boxes made of spam reports.

The control panel is not intuitive. It is made to be efficient. It
will extract all URIs and then use that to make a table, listing all
domain it found, showing some info and the control options.

ATM, it gives a the following options:

1) View the e-mail source, in plain text
2) Open that message in squirrelmail ( webmail)
3) Whitelist that domain
4) Ignore that domain (later it should only ignore the domain in that
message only)
4) Add the "full domain" (kit.net, for example, is a brazilian free
host that provide virtual domains. blablabla.kit.net should be added,
not the whole kit.net)
5) Add the short domain (in that case, add kit.net)

Wouldn't this be of use to some of you? I can show you a sample later,
although it's ugly and using portuguese to describe the options.

That is just a part of my efforts of making a antispam tools
framework. After reading those policy proposed by Jeff Chan, I'll soon
find a way to rate the domains and show those in symbolic colors in
the list. The idea is to use whois to gather information (domain age,
NS and domain owners historic ratings, etc) and other automatic
techniques .

I could even make historic rates for all domains, trying to certify
that  "if it appears in hams, then don't list it."

What do you think?

--
Yves Junqueira
http://i-admin.blogspot.com