[SURBL-Discuss] Whitelisting doubleclick domains?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sun Sep 26 03:15:28 CEST 2004

Someone pointed out off list that Doubleclick domains appear in
some of the SURBL lists, and that while they do appear in some
spams, they also appear in a lot of hams.

Therefore should we whitelist Doubleclick domains?

Thanks to some good research tools, we have a list of some of
them:

    * 1: 0mm.com
    * 2: 2clk.net
    * 3: abacus-direct.com
    * 4: businesslink-2.net
    * 5: businesslink.net
    * 6: cr-mail.org
    * 7: dartmail.com
    * 8: dartmail.net
    * 9: dartmail3.net
    * 10: dclk.net
    * 11: destinationwww.com
    * 12: double-click.com
    * 13: doubleclick.com
    * 14: doubleclick.de
    * 15: doubleclick.net
    * 16: maildart.net
    * 17: messagemedia.com
    * 18: opt-inemail.com
    * 19: optin-email.com
    * 20: unitymail.net

Again, we know they appear in some spammy mailings.  But do they
appear in enough hammy messages to whitelist?

Comments?