[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: SURBL inclusion policy

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Sun Sep 26 11:12:34 CEST 2004

Alex Broens wrote to SURBL Discussion list:

> Ryan Thompson wrote:
>>
>> Ryan Thompson wrote to Jeff Chan and SURBL Discussion list:
>>
>>> Thanks for the feedback, Jeff!
>>

>> Hey everybody,
>>
>> Does this look better?        http://ry.ca/geturi/results.html
>>
>> There are many improvements to the output. Even *I'm* impressed.
>>
>> It's getting close to feature freeze/release time again, methinks, to
>> put these improvements into a stable release. So, if anyone has anything
>> they'd like to see right away, please speak now.  :-)
>
> Great!

Thanks!

> Why not add Spamhaus' XBL zone lookups?

The thought had only briefly crossed my mind.  Is XBL really a good
resource for SURBL classification? I thought XBL just listed exploited
systems and open HTTP proxies. Hmm. I suppose I could just code it up
and run it on a bunch of mail to see what happens... Or I could just use
the combined sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org list, I suppose.

- Ryan

--
   Ryan Thompson <ryan at sasknow.com>

         Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon