[SURBL-Discuss] mailbacks.com OB FP?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sun Sep 26 11:48:20 CEST 2004

On Sunday, September 26, 2004, 2:37:03 AM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> Does anyone have opinions on whether mailbacks.com should be
> whitelisted?  Currently it's in OB, but it has no NANAS
> or SBL hits.

> Registrant:
>   Vincent Associates INc (TOFGMBXNWD)
>      26 Lesmill Rd
>      Toronto  Ontario M3B 2T5
>      CA
>      Domain Name: MAILBACKS.COM
[...]
>      Record expires on 12-Aug-2014.
>      Record created on 12-Aug-2004.

While the domain registration for mailbacks.com is recent,
the one for the parent company (same name servers) is quite
old:

>    Domain Name: VINCENTINC.COM
>    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
>    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
>    Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
>    Name Server: NS0.BIZCONTINUITY.COM
>    Name Server: NS2.BIZCONTINUITY.COM
>    Name Server: NS0.VINCENTINC.COM
>    Name Server: NS1.VINCENTINC.COM
>    Updated Date: 06-jul-2004
>    Creation Date: 10-may-1996
>    Expiration Date: 11-may-2012

The company looks legitimate.  Unless there's some good evidence
they're spamming from mailbacks.com, I'm inclined to whitelist.
Anyone have any info or research?

Outblaze, what do your trapped messages look like?